As a not-for-profit organization, Making An Impact (MAI) respects the privacy of our donors and commits that we will not sell, share, or trade donor names or personal information.
MAI will use donor contact information to:
- Provide a receipt to our donors
- Thank donors
- Inform donors with updates on programs, events, personnel, or significant policy changes
- Facilitate internal record keeping
- Comply with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies
MAI reserves the right to publicly recognize a donor by name unless the Donor has explicitly requested to remain anonymous at the time of donation.
MAI also extends the following to each of its donors as noted in the following Donor Bill of Rights©.
- To be informed of the organization's mission, how the organization intends to use donated resources, and its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured, their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the Donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when donating and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
Donor Bill of Rights©
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), all rights reserved.
Reprinted with permission from the Association of Fundraising Professionals